03.10.2011

Camshafts

 Fiat Abarth 595, Fiat Abarth 695, and Radiale

Alberi a cammes
Camshafts
Nockenwellen

Starting with this data-sheet probably from 1971 - originally by Abarth - I would like to begin to collect here some information about the camshafts and their adjusting.

Interesting to me was Abarth recommends 0,20/0,20 as I ever adjusted 0,20/0,25 even in case that the exhaust-valve might react later with less opening fearing a too little play might burn the valve.

While I controlled the play about any 10000 km (each second month these years my car went to Italy almost monthly) I did not discover much difference; my but ultimate motor performed 210000 km with about 2 corrections of valves; the rest of the controls resulted no need to correct anything ...

Sure, it    i s   recommended to control any 5000 km ...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen